Vote for Your Judges!
Request your mail-in ballot today.
As an advocate, I handled many significant trials and appeals over more than 26 years. Below are a few examples.
- Danforth v. State – I briefed and argued this case, involving a repeated child abuser’s request for a new trial, in the United States Supreme Court.
- State v. Traylor and State v. Kromah – Minnesota Supreme Court cases establishing the admissibility of DNA PCR-STR evidence.
- Erlandson v. Kiffmeyer – Minnesota Supreme Court case in which I represented Minnesota’s County Auditors concerning absentee ballot practices after the tragic plane crash that took the lives of Senator Paul and Sheila Wellstone.
- Coleman v. Ritchie – Minnesota Supreme Court case in which I argued on behalf of the Hennepin County Auditor for counting every valid vote in the recount process.
- State v. Kerling – Sex trafficking conviction.
- State v. Amundson – Embezzlement from vulnerable adult conviction.
- State v. Hickman – One of several cases convicting airline pilots for failing to pay state income tax.
- State v. Bren – Leading case holding contractor responsible for fraud for failing to pay workers.
For eight years I supervised a team specializing in white collar criminal prosecution including identity theft, elder abuse, tax evasion, embezzlement, mortgage fraud, and corporate theft, believing strongly that a fair society holds people of privilege accountable.